Careers & Contracts
Live a Country Lifestyle while managing a Merritt BC Canada community driven, non-profit business loan and development organization supporting entrepreneurs and small to medium size enterprises. The Nicola Valley is home to four season adventures providing the right individual and his/her family a quality outdoor lifestyle and career in the beautiful interior heartland of British Columbia Canada. Come live, work and play in nature.
Community Futures is a well respected and established non profit organization located in the Nicola Valley. The office is seeking a team-player with good people skills, who enjoys developing and working with small businesses from start to finish, connects with people, supports community initiatives and embraces the opportunity to play a role in the future economic development of our community.
· You'll oversee day to day operations;
· You'll manage a small staff of 3-4 people including hiring, assigning, and reviewing work, and coach employees to work productively and develop professionally;
· You'll support goals for growth;
· You'll develop, implement, and evaluate programs;
· You'll maintain budgets and optimize expenses;
· You'll reach out in person, meet, connect, educate and establish strong connections with the current business community;
· You'll report to the Board of Directors.
· A degree in business or relevant field and 5+ years of management experience;
· Proven decision-making skills while meeting deadlines;
· Excellent written and oral communications skills including effective oral presentations;
· Excellent organizational skills including the abilities to manage time, multitask and prioritize;
· Proven business acumen and financial management of loan funds and operational resources;
· Computer skills: (MS Office programs, Sage, social media);
· Must have a valid drivers license:
· Knowledge of Community Futures, policies, regulations, and reporting and accounting requirements are assets.
· Annual Salary starts at $70,000+ (based on experience).
· Full Time – Monday to Friday
· Vacation Pay
· Full Medical and Dental
The General Manager Position will remain open until an applicant has been selected. All qualified applicants will be contacted. Provide CV, three references and cover letter to CFNVChair@cfdcnv.com.