- Published: Wednesday, 08 June 2016 23:03
Small Business Webinar:
“Building Employee Skills: How to Access the Canada–B.C. Job Grant”.
Community Futures Nicola Valley in partnership with Small Business BC invites all the public to attend this FREE webinar. Developing skilled employees is an integral part of growing any business and retaining staff, but small businesses often find it hard to afford the time and cost of training. That’s where the Canada-B.C. Job Grant can help, and Small Business BC is here to help you access this source of funding. Find out how the grant can help offset the cost of skills training and professional development for your employees. You could be eligible for up to $10,000 per employee in grant funding or $15,000 if you are hiring an unemployed person.
This session will help you:
- Understand program eligibility criteria for employers, participants, trainers and courses;
- Discover training and learning options, and which types of training are covered;
- Become familiar with the application and reimbursement process so you know what to expect;
- Receive guidance with developing learning goals for your organization and training plans for your employees.
Canada–B.C. Job Grant Education Advisors will be on hand to book follow up advisory appointments. Join us on Thursday June 16, 2016, from 10:30am to 12:00pm at the Community Room ̶ City Hall, 2185 Voght Street.